1. Co-founder and President of People’s Playhouse from 1994—1997 (now a life member of the company) 2. Co-founder and Artistic Director of Bay City Theatre Company from 1999—2002 3. Co-founder and Artistic Director of Pelican Theatre Company from 2002—2006 4. Co-founder and Artistic Director of Southern Productions from 2008—
I have had involvement as director, actor, producer or other role in over 40 productions
Unpublished theatre works written(please see creative writing section for details)
“A Christmas Carol” (a 2 hour original musical version)
“David” (a 3 hour musical version based on the biblical story)
“Esther” (a 3 hour musical version based on the biblical story)
“The Solution” (a 1.5 hour children’s’ musical)
“The nurses’ station” (a 70 minute play based in a hospital)
“Romeo and Juliet” (a 70 minute abridged version of the play for youth with original material)
“Pygmalion” (a 70 minute abridged version of the play for youth)
“Dracula” (2 hour musical version of the original novel)
As well as these full-length plays and musical I have written over 100 short plays and monologues.
1.Writing. Writing plays and musicals from concept stage through to final performance. In particular I have done extensive collaboration with composers as a lyrics writer and developer of musicals.
2. Designing for theatre. I have had extensive experience in stage design and in designing promotional materials
3. Directing. I have now directed 35 full plays or musicals.
4. Teaching. I have convened and taught numerous youth and adult mini-courses in theatre and drama. I also have extensive experience in secondary school drama teaching.
This teaching includes the development of a drama school as part of the work of Pelican Theatre Company. I developed the programs for this school and taught classes from 2005—2008.
5. Administration. I have founded four theatre companies and have been responsible for developing constitutions and administering the company. This experience has included three stints as Artistic Director.